Travis Denning has released his sophomore six-song set DIRT ROAD DOWN, available to listen here. Mixing Denning’s personality with a hunger for the stage and a shot of his whiskey-rocking country sound, the collection includes Denning’s current, joyfully untamed goodbye singalong, “ABBY,” and five additional songs co-written by Denning. The new release is the follow up to Denning’s Top 20 debut EP.
Produced by Jeremy Stover, each track explores what makes Denning tick and with its high energy, blazing guitar solos and clever imagery the new set is tailor-made for Denning’s live show as he undertakes a summer stint out on the road with Brothers Osborne. New tracks including “Grew Up With a Truck” hitches feel-good country nostalgia to a diesel-powered hook, “I Went Fishin’,” allows listeners to get to know the guy behind the guitar and the title track “Dirt Road Down” explores his love of a twisted, pure-country lyric, taking multiple routes to the same romantic destination. Previously released songs “Jack And Coke” and “Call It Country” showcase Denning’s uniquely reverent view of small-town life.
DIRT ROAD DOWN – Official Track List:
1. Call It Country (Travis Denning, Jessi Alexander, Chris Stevens)
2. Dirt Road Down (Travis Denning, Taylor Phillips, Cole Taylor, Will Weatherly)
3. Jack And Coke (Travis Denning, CJ Solar, Chris Stevens)
4. Grew Up With A Truck (Travis Denning)
5. I Went Fishin’ (Travis Denning, Thomas Archer, James McNair)
6. ABBY (Alternate Version) (Ashley Gorley, Matt Jenkins, Chase McGill)